Thank you for visiting KBNERR’s 2021 Harmful Algal Bloom Community Monitor Training Resource page. Below you will find a list of resources covering topics of KBNERR’s Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB) Community Monitoring program including descriptions of the HAB species of concerns, overviews of the different types of shellfish poisonings, and phytoplankton guides. There is also a link to a KBNERR’s YouTube chanel where you can find our phytoplankton sampling protocol video if you would like to review how to sample. Additional videos featuring partners from USFWS, Robb Kaler, USGS, Sarah Schoen, and NOAA, Kathi Lefebvre, discussing HABs affects on seabirds and marine mammals are available as well. Thank you to all of our partners that took time to contribute to this years Community Monitoring training and resource videos!
As always, please reach out to us if you have any questions! The KBNERR office remains closed at this time, all staff are working remotely so please email Rosie at email@example.com , or Jasmine at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
- KBNERR Phytoplankton Guide
- KBNERR YouTube Channel
- 2020 KBNERR HAB Report
- SEATOR Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Fact Sheet
- SEATOR Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning Fact Sheet
- NOAA Plankton Monitoting Network (PMN) Factsheet Pseudo Nitzschia Spp
- NOAA PMN Factsheet Dinophysis Spp.
- NOAA PMN Factsheet Alexandrium Spp.
- For additional resources including KBNERR’s sampling protocols contact Rosie Masui at email@example.com or Jasmine Maurer at firstname.lastname@example.org