Thank you for visiting KBNERR’s 2020 Harmful Algal Bloom Community Monitor Training Resource page. Below you will find a list of resources covering topics of KBNERR’s Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB) Community Monitoring program including descriptions of the HAB species of concerns, overviews of the different types of shellfish poisonings, and phytoplankton guides. There is also a link to KBNERR’s YouTube page which has a playlist titled ‘Harmful Algal Bloom Monitor Training Videos’. There are videos from KBNERR, NOAA, and ADFG discussing sampling plans for this summer, ongoing water quality monitoring, HAB research projects in Kachemak Bay, and the status of razor clams in Lower Cook Inlet. You can also find our phytoplankton sampling protocol video in the ‘Harmful Algal Bloom Monitor Training Videos’ playlist if you would like to review how to sample.
As always, please reach out to us if you have any questions! The KBNERR office remains closed at this time, all staff are working remotely so please email Rosie at email@example.com , or Jasmine at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
- KBNERR YouTube Channel
- KBNERR Phytoplankton Guide
- KBNERR Phytoplankton Monitoring Protocols
- 2019 KBNERR HAB Report
- SEATOR Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Fact Sheet
- SEATOR Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning Fact Sheet
- NOAA Plankton Monitoting Network (PMN) Factsheet Pseudo Nitzschia Spp
- NOAA PMN Factsheet Dinophysis Spp.
- NOAA PMN Factsheet Alexandrium Spp.
- KBNERR Plankton Coloring Book