The Kachemak Bay Research Reserve education programs are designed to engage students and the public in hands on learning opportunities that promote appreciation of the coastal environment; support understanding of coastal ecosystems and their dynamics; and foster stewardship.
The Kachemak Bay Research Reserve Sector serves a diverse audience of learners and educators throughout the year.
Our inquiry based programs include:
- Teachers on the Estuary (TOTE) workshops for continuing education credits
- Summer Discovery Labs for the public (all ages)
- Barley and O.A.T.s Outdoor Adventure Talks for adventure seekers
- Brown Bag Lunch Lectures for the public and area researchers
- Doscovery Labs – topic specific – for grades K-12
- Estuary Hikes for grades K-12 and the general public
- Naturalist in the Classroom for Grades K-12
- Sea Squirts for pre-K kids